Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Peanut Butter and Sunflower Seed Granola


The house  reeks is smelling like PB at the moment as I just made my second batch of PB/sunflower seed granola. Actually, this is the second time EVER that I've made any type of granola. I've researched recipes before, but most of the "good" ones had a looooong list of expensive ingredients. Wasn't sure if I was ready to make that plunge in our budget. :S
This recipe, however, is simple and pretty cheap to make. I've already eaten it twice for breakfast with a sliced banana and a little milk. Bought some vanilla yogurt yesterday to try with it later. :)

PB and Sunflower Seed Granola

2 cups of oats
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
6 TB of organic PB
4 TB of raw honey
2 TB of coconut oil

In a medium mixing bowl combine oats and sunflower seeds. Set aside. In a small saucepan heat the PB, honey, and coconut oil just until melted and smooth. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir well. Spread on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in a 325 degree oven for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally  Allow to cool completely in pan before removing to storage container. Enjoy!!

( recipe idea/adapted from pbfingers.com )

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Might have to try this...hadn't thought of putting peanut butter in granola before.

Hey, I just saw this pic and thought of you:

http://pinterest.com/pin/4925880815127192/
:)

Sweet T said...

Hannah,
Yes, I've seen that adorable pic floating around on FB. :) It's still hard to believe that we're having a girl!